225g milk chocolate
225g dark chocolate
225g golden syrup
300g Rich Tea biscuits, roughly crushed
125g ready-to-roll icing
Cornflour, to dust
Red and green food colouring
- Grease a standard 900g pudding bowl with butter and line with cling film.
- Combine the chocolates, butter and golden syrup in a saucepan over a medium-low heat and stir until melted.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the crushed biscuits, Maltesers and marshmallows.
- Pour the mixture into the pudding bowl, pressing down with a spoon to make sure it is tightly packed. Spread the bottom so it is smooth.
- Refrigerate overnight to set, then invert onto a serving platter. If it is not coming out easily, pour some warm water around the outside of the bowl to loosen it.
- Remove a small bit of the icing and set aside. Sprinkle a work surface with cornflour and roll out the large piece of icing into a circle; it’s better to have the sides uneven, so that it looks like the icing is dripping down the cake.
- Brush a bit of water onto the top of the cake and add the icing.
- Divide the reserved icing in half. Add a few drops of red food colouring to one and green to the other. Knead each until the colours are vibrant, then roll and shape them into red berries and green leaves. Secure these to the top of the white icing with a bit more water.
Per Serving 567kcals, 29.5g fat (16.3g saturated), 71.6g carbs, 35.7g sugars, 5.7g protein, 2.3g fibre, 0.215g sodium