150ml golden syrup
225g chocolate (good quality, at least 60% cocoa)
½ x 400g packet of Digestive biscuits, roughly crushed
½ x 400g packet of Rich Tea biscuits, roughly crushed
1 packet of Maltesers
- Line a 900g loaf tin with a double layer of greaseproof paper. Add some water to a saucepan and place over a medium-high heat until the water begins to simmer. Carefully set a heatproof bowl over the pan so that it rests on top, but make sure the bottom of the bowl isn’t touching the water — this might cause the chocolate to burn. Add the butter, golden syrup and chocolate to the bowl.
- Heat until everything melts together. Stir to make sure all the ingredients are well mixed. Ask an adult to help you remove the bowl from the pan.
- Add the biscuits and Maltesers. Stir well.
- Transfer to prepared tin. Spread it on top so it is even. Transfer to the refrigerator for a few hours or overnight until it is completely set. Remove from the tin and leave to come to room temperature before slicing.
Per Serving 473cals, 30.9g fat (16.6g saturated), 46.9g carbs (18.9g sugars), 3.9g protein, 1.2g fibre, 0.257g sodium
- This recipe is very easily customised – simply switch up the biscuits, chocolate or sweets or add extras like dried fruit or nuts to suit your tastes
- When you’ve added everything, bang the tin on the counter a couple of times in order to remove any air bubbles from the cake.