Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
For the cake
For the icing
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/160°C/gas mark 4. Line two deep 20cm round tins with non- stick parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the vegetable oil and sugar. Add the eggs and beat for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the flour, baking powder, milk, vanilla and salt. Mix until smooth.
- Divide the mixture between the prepared tins and bake for 30-35 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean. Allow to cool fully.
- Combine all of the ingredients for the icing in a large bowl. Beat together until smooth. Add some milk or boiling water to loosen the icing to a spreadable consistency.
- Once the sponges have cooled completely, use a serrated knife to level out the top of each sponge.
- To assemble, place the first sponge on your serving plate or cake stand. Spread the half of the icing over the sponge using a palette knife.
- Place the second sponge on top and spread with the remaining icing. Decorate with grated chocolate or sprinkles, if desired.
Per serving: 817kcals, 41.5g fat (16.6g saturated), 106.8g carbs (70.8g sugars), 8.6g protein, 2.7g fibre, 0.16g sodium
Popular in Gluten-free
Tom yum soup with prawns