1 x 320g sheet of puff pastry, thawed
50g Mascarpone or cream cheese, softened
50g strawberry jam
200g milk chocolate chips, chopped
1 egg, beaten
2 tbsp flaked almonds
- Preheat the oven to 200˚C/180˚C fan/gas mark 6. Line two large baking trays with parchment paper.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll the pastry sheet into a 30cm square. Cut the sheet into nine equal squares.
- Spoon around one teaspoon each of Mascarpone and strawberry jam into the centre of each pastry square. Top each with around one tablespoon of chocolate chips.
- Brush the edges of the squares with beaten egg. Fold the squares in half diagonally to enclose the filling. Crimp the edges together with the tines of a fork to seal.
- Place the pastry triangles spaced 4-5cm apart on the prepared baking trays. Prick the tops of triangles with a fork. Brush the tops with egg, then sprinkle with a few flaked almonds and a little sugar.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until puffed and golden brown. Transfer to a wire rack and allow to cool slightly before serving.
Per Serving: 373kcals, 22.9g fat (8.8g saturated), 35.8g carbs (14.5g sugars), 6.3g protein, 1.5g fibre, 0.118g sodium