Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
For the pancakes
For the dipping sauce
- For the pancakes, make a dough by mixing together the flour, hot water and salt. Set aside to rest for 20 minutes.
- Roll the dough into two-inch balls — roughly the size of a golf ball. Dust the dough balls in flour, flatten and roll into three-inch circles. Brush with a thin layer of oil. Roll the dough circles into logs, then roll the logs again to form a spiral. Rest for five minutes.
- Dust the dough spirals in flour, flatten and roll into a 7.5 - 8cm circle. Brush with a thin layer of oil then sprinkle the spring onions on top. Gently, roll the dough into a log again and roll the log to form another spiral. Repeat with the remaining dough.
- Flatten the dough again, dust with flour and roll into a thin disk, about 6 - 7cm.
- To make the dipping sauce, add all the ingredients to a small bowl and mix well.
- Heat half a teaspoon of oil in a skillet or frying pan. Place the rolled dough in the skillet and place half a teaspoon of oil on top. If you want extra crispy pancakes, add a little more oil. Cook for two minutes on each side over medium heat until the pancakes are brown and crispy. Serve immediately with the dipping sauce.
Test Kitchen Tip: For a softer texture, add slightly more water to the dough.
Per serving: 199kcals, 8g fat (1.3g saturated), 27.5g carbs (2g sugars), 4.1g protein, 1.9g fibre, 0.523g sodium
Popular in Dairy-free
Peanut chicken salad