For the mousse:
170g chocolate, broken into chunks
3 large eggs
2 tbsp caster sugar
½ a red chilli, deseeded and finely sliced
Pinch of salt
- Melt the chocolate in a bowl set over a pot of boiling water.
- Meanwhile, whisk the eggs and sugar together in a bowl until pale and airy.
- Finely mince the chopped chilli with a pestle and mortar.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the cream until it forms stiff peaks. Set aside.
- Once the chocolate is melted, remove from the heat and allow to cool. Add the chilli and a pinch of salt to the cooled chocolate, and then gently fold the chocolate mixture into the eggs.
- Fold in the whipped cream until just mixed. Divide the mixture between four martini glasses and place in the fridge overnight. Top each with a spoonful of whipped cream and some slices of fresh chilli, if desired.
Per serving: 338kcals, 19.2g fat (11.8g saturated), 33.1g carbs, 28.7g sugars, 8.5g protein, 1.6g fibre, 0.134g sodium