4 x 150g lean rump steaks
1 garlic clove, crushed
80ml red wine
1 tsp dried chilli flakes
2 small avocados, sliced
Handful of fresh basil leaves
1 cucumber, sliced
1 small red onion, thinly sliced
1 tsp olive oil
1½ tbsp red wine vinegar
For the Thai chimichurri:
2 garlic cloves
2 lemongrass stalks, white parts only
1 red chilli, deseeded
Small handful of fresh basil
Large handful of fresh coriander
Juice of 2 limes
180ml olive oil
Salt and black pepper
- Place the steaks in a bowl with the garlic, red wine and chilli flakes. Toss to coat, then cover and place in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- In a food processor, combine the garlic, lemongrass, chilli, basil, coriander, lime juice, olive oil and some salt and pepper. Whizz until smooth, then taste and adjust the seasoning.
- Meanwhile, for the avocado salad, combine the avocado, basil, cucumber and red onion in a bowl. Add the olive oil and vinegar, then toss to coat.
- Heat a lightly oiled griddle pan over a medium-high heat, or preheat the barbecue. When hot, add the drained steak and cook for three minutes on each side or until cooked to your liking.
- Divide the avocado salad between four plates and top with steak. Drizzle with chimichiurri to serve.
Per serving: 807kcals, 69.6g fat (10.4g saturated), 15.7g carbs, 2.8g sugars, 34.4g protein, 8.1g fibre, 0.053g sodium
To make your salad look extra pretty, use a vegetable peeler to peel the cucumber into wide ribbons, rather than simply chopping it.