Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
- Pat the chicken dry with kitchen paper and season with salt and pepper. Remove any excess papery bits from the garlic cloves but leave them unpeeled.
- Melt the butter in a casserole dish over a medium-high heat. Working in batches if necessary to avoid crowding the pan, sear the chicken for 3-4 minutes per side until golden brown all over. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Add the garlic and thyme to the casserole dish and cook for 6-8 minutes until golden brown, stirring often. Stir in the wine and stock and bring to a boil, scraping any sticky bits from the bottom using a wooden spoon.
- Add the chicken back into the casserole, cover with a lid and reduce the heat to low. Simmer for 25-30 minutes or until the chicken is completely cooked throughout. Transfer the chicken to a plate and cover with tin foil to keep warm.
- Transfer around 100ml of the sauce into a small bowl and add the flour. Whisk to combine together, then add back into the casserole dish and whisk for 1-2 minutes until slightly thickened. Stir in the cream and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Serve the chicken with the creamy, garlicky sauce, your favourite green vegetables and some crusty bread, squeezing the soft, sweet garlic cloves out of their skins to enjoy with the bread.
Per serving 498kcals, 28.5g fat (11.3g saturated), 14.7g carbs (0.7g sugars), 34.6g protein, 1g fibre, 0.449g sodium
Popular in Chicken
Roast chicken Caesar salad with new potatoes