Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
- Heat two tablespoons of the olive oil in a large pan over a medium heat and cook the onion for 3-5 minutes until it begins to soften.
- Season the chicken with salt and black pepper. Add to the pan and cook over a medium-high heat until chicken has started to brown.
- Push the chicken over to one side of the pan. Add the remaining oil to the other side of the pan. Cook the rice for 2-3 minutes or just until some grains start to turn golden brown.
- Stir in the beans, tomatoes, chicken stock, garlic powder, chilli powder and cumin. Bring to a simmer, cover and reduce the heat to low. Cook for about 20 minutes or until the rice is tender.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 220˚C/200˚C fan/gas mark 7.
- Soften the tortillas in the microwave for 20-30 seconds until soft and pliable.
- Lightly spray the tortillas with cooking spray on both sides. Form each tortilla into a loose bowl shape and tuck between cups of an upside down muffin tin, pressing down in the middle of each one so that it will have a flat base.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes until golden brown and crispy all over.
- Taste the chicken and rice mixture and season with extra salt and pepper if needed. Remove from the heat, sprinkle over the Cheddar and put the cover back on. Let the dish sit for 2-3 minutes to melt the cheese.
- Fill the tortilla bowls with the chicken and rice mixture.
- Serve with chopped tomatoes, spring onions, sour cream, chopped avocado, salsa and chopped coriander so that everyone can add their own toppings.
Note: Either Pinto beans or Kidney beans can also be use as an alternative to Black beans, if you wish.
Per serving: 979kcals, 25.2g fat (6.4g saturated), 115.5g carbs, 6.4g sugars, 73.5g protein, 19.1g fibre, 0.957g sodium
Popular in Chicken
Slow-cooker BBQ chicken