For The Tikka Masala Spice Mix:
1 tbsp turmeric
2 tsp garam masala
2 tsp cumin
2 tsp coriander
½ tsp cayenne pepper
¼ tsp cinnamon
200g Avonmore sour cream
For The Marinade
4 chicken fillets, chopped
½ tsp salt
4 garlic cloves, crushed
1 tbsp ginger, grated
1 tbsp lemon juice
For The Curry:
2 tbsp Avonmore Irish Butter 1 Onion, diced
2 x 400g tins of tomatoes
250ml chicken stock
1 red pepper, deseeded and sliced
200g green beans, trimmed
60ml Avonmore Cooking Cream
Basmati rice, cooked
Fresh coriander, chopped
- In a large glass bowl, combine all of the ingredients for the marinade. Add the chicken pieces and set aside for 30 minutes.
- Heat half of the oil in a large pot over a medium-high heat and cook the chicken pieces until nicely browned on all sides. Remove to a plate lined with kitchen paper and set aside.
- Heat the remaining oil with the butter in the same pot over a medium heat. Add the onion and salt and cook for 4-5 minutes, stirring frequently, until lightly browned.
- Add the ginger and garlic and cook for one minute until lightly fragrant.
- Add the cumin, coriander, tomatoes and tomato purée. Cook over a medium heat for 5-6 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Return the chicken to the pot and add the garam masala, brown sugar and enough stock to cover the chicken. Cover and cook over a medium-low heat for 20-25 minutes.
- Turn the heat to low and stir in the cream. Check the seasoning and add more salt, garam masala, brown sugar or cayenne pepper to taste.
- Garnish with chopped coriander and serve with basmati rice and/or naan bread.
Per Serving: 460kcals, 26.8g fat (10.2g saturated), 15.1g carbs, 8.7g sugars, 39.6g protein, 2.8g fibre, 0.411g sodium