Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
For the coriander carrots:
- Place the peanut butter, ginger, garlic, shallots, red chilli and lemongrass into a food processor and pulse together until smooth.
- Add the ground coriander, turmeric, oil, soy sauce and honey and pulse until smooth.
- Transfer three tablespoons of the satay sauce to a jug, cover and set aside in the fridge.
- Put the rest of the sauce into a sealable bag with the chicken pieces and rub into the chicken to coat. Seal the bag and place in the fridge for at least four hours to marinate.
- In a large bowl, combine the carrots, coriander, spring onions and chilli together.
- To make the dressing pour the lemon juice into a non-metallic bowl and whisk in some salt and pepper. Drizzle in the olive oil, whisking continuously until the dressing has emulsified. Pour over the carrot mixture and set aside.
- Turn the grill on to high. Remove the chicken from the fridge and thread onto skewers. Place the under the grill and cook for 3-4 minutes each side.
- Place the reserved satay sauce with the coconut milk in a small pan over a medium heat. Stir until it reaches a gentle boil, then remove from the heat.
- Divide the carrot mixture between plates and top with the skewers. Drizzle over the satay sauce and serve.
Note: Olive oil can be used as an alternative to coconut oil, if you wish.
Per serving: 879kcals, 55.5g fat (20.1g saturated), 40.6g carbs, 17.4g sugars, 59.5g protein, 9.3g fibre, 0.673g sodium
Popular in Chicken
Laksa with chilli garlic chicken