For the pickled chillies:
2 red chillies, thinly sliced
2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
1 tsp caster sugar
For the chicken:
3 chicken fillets, sliced into strips
2 tbsp vegetable oil
For the satay sauce:
2 tbsp crunchy peanut butter
2 tbsp light soy sauce
1 tbsp Thai red curry paste
30ml lime juice
4 petits pains
Small bunch of fresh coriander, chopped
2 carrots, cut into matchsticks
2 tbsp roasted peanuts, finely chopped
Handful of ready-made crispy onions
- In a small bowl, combine the rice vinegar and sugar and stir until the sugar has dissolved. Add the chillies and set aside.
- In a bowl, whisk together all of the ingredients for the sauce until well combined.
- Heat the oil in a large pan over a medium-high heat and cook the chicken until golden and cooked throughout.
- Split the baguettes in half and stuff each with chopped coriander and carrot matchsticks. Add the chicken, then drizzle generously with the satay sauce.
- Top with the crispy onions, roasted peanuts and pickled chillies.
Per Serving: 629kcals, 23.9g fat (4.9g saturated), 60.1g carbs (4.1g sugars), 40.5g protein, 2.7g fibre, 0.723g sodium