Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas mark 6.
- Carefully cut each chicken fillet into 4-5 strips.
- Place the flour in a mixing bowl with a little salt and pepper.
- Crack the eggs into another bowl and beat with a fork.
- Mix the breadcrumbs and the Parmesan in another bowl.
- Working one at a time, toss the chicken strips in the flour, then remove and shake off the excess flour.
- Next, dip each chicken strip in the beaten egg. Remove from the egg and let any extra egg drip off.
- Toss the strips in the breadcrumb mixture. Gently shake off any crumbs that don’t stick.
- Put the goujons on a plate. Wash your hands thoroughly after handling the raw chicken.
- Place a large baking tray in the preheated oven for two minutes. Ask an adult to remove it and drizzle the base of it with the oil.
- Carefully place the goujons on the tray in a single layer. Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes, turning them over halfway through. When they are golden brown and completely cooked, remove from the oven and serve immediately.
Per serving: 430kcals, 20.4g fat (5.4g saturated), 20.9g carbs, 1.4g sugars, 39.2g protein, 1.2g fibre, 0.418g sodium
For tips on how to bread meat without the mess, check out this guide