2 tbsp vegetable oil
340g baby spinach
4 chicken fillets, cut into strips
Salt and black pepper
1 shallot, finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, crushed
660ml chicken stock
90g Parmesan, grated
1 tsp lemon zest, grated
1 tsp lemon juice
- Heat half of the oil in a large pan over a medium-high heat. Add the spinach and cook for two minutes until wilted, stirring occasionally.
- Transfer the spinach to a colander and squeeze out as much liquid as possible. Set aside. Wipe out the pan with a ball of kitchen paper.
- Pat the chicken pieces dry with kitchen paper and season.
- Heat the remaining oil in the same pan over a medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook for 4-5 minutes per side until golden. Transfer to a plate, cover with foil and set aside.
- Add the shallot and garlic to the pan and cook for one minute. Stir in the stock and cream, using a wooden spoon to scrape up any sticky bits from the bottom of the pan. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to medium-low.
- Increase the heat to high and simmer the sauce for 12-15 minutes until reduced. Return the chicken to the pan and simmer for a further 10 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in 60g of the Parmesan along with the lemon zest and juice.
- Turn the grill on to a high heat. Stir the spinach into the sauce and sprinkle the top with the remaining Parmesan.
- Place under the grill for 3-4 minutes until golden brown, then serve.
Per serving: 598kcals, 41.2g fat (19.2g saturated), 7.3g carbs, 1g sugars, 50.7g protein, 2g fibre, 0.985g sodium