1 red onion, sliced into thin wedges
2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped
1 tbsp vegetable oil
1 tsp balsamic vinegar
Salt and black pepper
100g chorizo, sliced
4 chicken fillets, chopped into bite-sized pieces
1 tsp Cajun spice mix
100g mixed salad leaves
50g Feta, crumbled
1 ripe avocado
Juice of ½ a lime
- Preheat the oven to 200˚C/180˚C fan/gas mark 6. Toss the onion and sweet potato with the oil and vinegar on a baking tray. Spread into an even layer and season well. Roast for 30 minutes until tender.
- Meanwhile, add the chorizo slices to a frying pan over a medium-high heat. Cook for 5-7 minutes until the chorizo is crispy and has released its oils.
- Use a slotted spoon to remove the chorizo from the pan and set aside. Toss the chicken with the Cajun spice and add to the pan. Cook for 7-9 minutes until cooked through.
- Divide the salad leaves among serving bowls. Toss the chicken with the roast vegetables and serve on top of the leaves.
- Scatter over the Feta. Peel the avocado and chop the flesh into chunks. Mash roughly with the lime juice and add a spoonful to the top of each salad to serve.
509kcals, 30.4g fat (9.5g saturated), 29.8g carbohydrates, 2.4g sugars, 28.9g protein, 7.4g fibre, 0.661g sodium