2 chicken fillets
4 slices of Emmental or Gruyère
2 slices of cooked ham
80g plain flour
Salt and black pepper
1 egg, beaten
2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C/160˚C fan/gas mark 4.
- Use a small sharp knife to cut a pocket into the middle of each chicken fillet, being careful not to cut all the way through.
- Place two slices of cheese and one slice of ham into each pocket. Close the pockets over and seal each one with toothpicks.
- Place half of the flour into a shallow bowl and season with salt and pepper. Beat the egg in a second bowl and pour the breadcrumbs into a third bowl.
- One at a time, dredge the stuffed chicken fillets in the flour, then coat in the beaten egg. Shake off any excess, then coat the chicken in the breadcrumbs, pressing them on.
- Place the stuffed fillets on a baking tray and spray lightly with cooking spray. Bake for 30 minutes or until completely cooked.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in a saucepan over a medium heat. Add the remaining flour and stir vigorously for two minutes. Add half of the milk and whisk until smooth. Add the remaining milk and mustard and stir again until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve the chicken cordon bleu with the Dijon mustard sauce.
791kcals, 37.2g fat (17.9g saturated), 48.9g carbs, 8.1g sugars, 61.7g protein, 2.9g fibre, 1.001g sodium