For the pico de gallo:
8 cherry tomatoes, halved
½ a red onion, finely chopped
1 red chilli, deseeded and chopped (leave some seeds in for more heat if desired)
3 tbsp fresh coriander, finely chopped
Juice of 1 lime
Salt and black pepper
For the burrito bowl:
2 large chicken fillets
2 tsp olive oil
1 tsp Cajun spice
1 tsp smoked paprika
120g long grain rice
1 red and 1 yellow pepper, deseeded and sliced
½ x 400g tin of kidney beans, drained
1 avocado, sliced
- In a medium bowl, combine all of the ingredients for the pico de gallo. Season with salt and pepper and stir to combine. Set aside to let the flavours blend.
- Preheat the oven to 200 ̊C/180 ̊C fan/gas mark 6.
- Place the chicken fillets on a baking tray. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with the Cajun spice and smoked paprika, then season with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, then slice into strips and set aside. Meanwhile, cook the rice according to packet instructions.
- Heat a drizzle of oil in a pan over a medium-high heat. Cook the peppers for 3-4 minutes until soft and slightly charred. Season with salt and pepper.
- To serve, divide the rice between two bowls. Add the pico de gallo, the sliced chicken, some kidney beans and cooked peppers.
- Add the sliced avocado and a squeeze of lime juice. Finish with some lime wedges, a dollop of salsa and sour cream, a sprinkle of crushed chillies and some spring onions.
Per serving 806kcals, 35.4g fat (7.8g saturated), 75.7g carbs (3.7g sugars), 48.7g protein, 11.3g fibre, 0.238g sodium