Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
- Heat the oil in a large heavy pot over a medium heat. Add the leek, carrots and celery and cook for 6-8 minutes until softened. Add the garlic and cook for one minute longer.
- Add the stock and chicken thighs and season with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, then turn the heat to low and cover with a lid. Simmer gently for 20-25 minutes until the chicken is completely cooked through.
- Transfer the chicken to a plate and allow to cool. Remove the skins and bones, then shred the chicken into bite-sized pieces.
- Meanwhile, bring the broth back to a boil over a high heat. Add the orzo and cook for 8-10 minutes until just al dente.
- Turn the heat to low and return the chicken. to the pot. Add the spinach and dill and simmer for 3-4 minutes until the spinach has wilted and the chicken is hot throughout.
- Squeeze in the lemon juice, season to taste and serve immediately.
Per Serving: 346kcals, 11.7g fat (2.7g saturated), 28.3g carbs (5.3g sugars), 31.4g protein, 3.1g bre, 1.307g sodium
Popular in Chicken
Roast chicken Caesar salad with new potatoes