2 avocados, pitted and chopped
2 tbsp lemon or lime juice
2 tbsp olive oil
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 onion, chopped
1 jalapeño pepper, deseeded and finely chopped
750ml chicken stock
120ml light cream
Salt and black pepper
400g chicken fillets, cut into strips
Coriander, chopped (optional)
- In a small bowl, combine the avocado and lemon/lime juice and stir to coat the avocado in the juice. Set aside.
- In a large pan, heat the olive oil over a medium heat. Add the garlic, onion and jalapeño and cook for 4-5 minutes until softened but not browned.
- Add 500ml of the stock and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat, add the chicken pieces and simmer for 8-10 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
- In the bowl of a food processor, combine the avocado and lemon/lime juice mixture, the remaining chicken stock and the cream. Whizz until smooth.
- Add the puree into the pan with the chicken and vegetable mixture and stir to combine.
- Season with salt and black pepper. Finish with a dollop of sour cream and some chopped fresh coriander. Serve with the BLT.
379 kcals, 29.3g fat (8.8g saturated), 9.2g carbs, 1.7g sugars, 21.7g protein, 5g fibre, 0.501g sodium