- 1 x 320g pack of ready-rolled puff pastry, thawed if frozen
- 200g mature Cheddar, grated
- 60g breadcrumbs
- 5 spring onions, chopped
- 2 tbsp double cream
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ¼ tsp paprika
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Preheat the oven to 220˚C/200˚C fan/gas mark 7.
- Roll out the pastry and cut lengthways into two long rectangles.
- In a large bowl, combine the cheese, breadcrumbs, spring onions, cream, black pepper and paprika.
- Divide the mixture in two and roll into two long sausages the same length as the pastry pieces. Place each sausage down the length of a piece of pastry, making sure it reaches right up to the ends.
- Place one of the pieces of pastry horizontally in front of you. Brush a little beaten egg all along the length of the top edge of the pastry.
- Starting from the edge closest to you, roll the pastry up away from you, making sure it’s as tight as possible around the cheese mixture. Repeat with the other length of pastry.
- Use a fork to press down the seams of the rolls. Turn the rolls so they are sitting seam side-down.
- Brush egg wash over the length of both rolls. Cut each roll into 10-12 pieces and prick the top of each one with a fork.
- Place the cheesy sausage rolls onto a large baking tray, leaving a little space around each roll.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until golden brown. Serve the cheesy sausage rolls warm or at room temperature.
Per Serving 92kcals, 3.3g fat (0g saturated), 11.3g carbs, 0.8g sugars, 5.1g protein, 2g fibre, 0.087g sodium