Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
- Place a baking tray in the centre of the oven and preheat to 220 ̊C/200 ̊C fan/gas mark 7.
- In a small bowl, stir together the mayonnaise and mustard. Set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large pan over medium heat and cook the onion for 4-5 minutes until softened. Add the asparagus, mushrooms and pepper and season with salt and pepper. Cook for 4-5 minutes until just tender. Stir in the spinach and garlic and cook for 2-3 minutes longer until the spinach has wilted. Remove from the heat.
- Spread the butter evenly over one side of each of the slices of sourdough. Spread the other sides with the mayonnaise mixture.
- Carefully remove the hot baking tray from the oven and add the bread slices, butter- side down. Spread the vegetable mixture evenly over four of the slices, then layer the cheese over the vegetables.
- Return to the oven and bake for 4-5 minutes until the cheese is melted and bubbling.
- Transfer the bread slices with the vegetables to a cutting board. Top with the remaining bread slices, mayo-side down. Cut each sandwich in half and serve.
Per serving: 571kcals, 33.7g fat (13.6g saturated), 49.9g carbs (6.2g sugars), 22.7g protein, 4.7g fibre, 1.139g sodium
Popular in Meat-free
Veggie-packed fried rice