2 aubergines, cut in half lengthways
Salt and black pepper
½ x 400g tin of tomatoes
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 tsp dried oregano
120g Parmesan, grated
120g Mozzarella, grated
3 tbsp fresh basil, finely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 220˚C/200˚C fan/gas mark 7 and line a baking tray with tin foil.
- Score the flesh of each aubergine half in a criss-cross pattern, being careful not to cut through the skin. Rub olive oil into each half and season with salt and black pepper.
- Place the aubergines on the prepared baking tray and roast for 30 minutes. Set aside until cool enough to be handled.
- Use a spoon to scoop the flesh out of each aubergine half, leaving a rim of flesh just inside the skin to keep them strong enough to be stuffed. Brush the insides of the shells with a little oil and season with salt and black pepper.
- Chop the flesh of the aubergines into cubes and place it in a bowl. Add the tomatoes, garlic, oregano, Parmesan and some seasoning.
- Stuff the aubergine halves with the filling. Top with the Mozzarella and return to the oven for 20 minutes until golden and bubbling.
- Top with the fresh basil and serve with garlic bread and a simple salad.
241kcals, 12.2g fat (5.7g saturated), 22.3g carbs, 10.9g sugars, 15.8g protein, 11.1g fibre, 0.379g sodium