120g uncooked quinoa
2 large eggs
2 carrots, roughly chopped
120g frozen peas, thawed in boiling water for one minute
300g broccoli, chopped into florets
1 courgette, roughly chopped
2 shallots, roughly chopped
2 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
100g Parmesan or sharp Cheddar, grated
2 tbsp plain flour
Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Cook the quinoa according to package instructions, then set aside to cool.
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C/160˚C fan/gas mark 4. Lightly coat a 24-hole mini muffin pan with cooking spray.
- In the bowl of a food processor, combine all of the ingredients together, whizzing until thoroughly combined.
- Using a tablespoon, place rounded drops of the mixture into each cup of the muffin pan, pressing each one down lightly with your fingers to make sure that each one is firmly packed.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until lightly golden.
- Eat four as a lunch portion with some salad leaves. Follow with a natural yoghurt for a calcium boost.
Per serving: 542kcals, 34g fat (6.9g saturated), 32.8g carbs, 8.2g sugars, 29.7g protein, 4.5g fibre, 0.515g sodium
MAKE IT YOURS:
Use gluten-free flour to make a coeliac-friendly version. For a dairy-free version, substitute the cheese for nutritional yeast.