Individual ramekins of prawns in a smooth, rich sauce made from Avonmore Fresh Cream and Gruyère, topped with breadcrumbs and baked until golden and crisp.
300g small prawns or shrimps, cooked and peeled
30g butter, plus extra for greasing
2 shallots, finely chopped
1 garlic clove, crushed
1 tbsp plain flour
300ml Avonmore Fresh Cream
Pinch of dried chilli flakes
1 tsp lemon juice
80g Gruyère, grated
Salt and black pepper
½ tsp paprika
1 tbsp olive oil
Fresh parsley, chopped
- Lightly grease four ramekin dishes with butter. Divide the prawns amongst the ramekins.
- Preheat the oven to 190˚C/170˚C fan/gas mark 5.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over a medium heat. Add the shallots and garlic and cook for 2-3 minutes until softened but not coloured. Stir in the flour and cook for 1-2 minutes, stirring continuously.
- Add the Avonmore Fresh Cream a little at a time, whisking continuously. Keep whisking for 3-4 minutes until thickened.
- Stir in the chilli flakes, lemon juice and half of the Gruyère. Continue to stir until the cheese has melted into the sauce. Season to taste.
- Pour the sauce over the prawns.
- Mix the remaining Gruyère together with the breadcrumbs and paprika. Stir in the olive oil, then sprinkle the mixture evenly over the tops of the ramekins.
- Place the ramekins on a baking tray and bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown on top and bubbling around the edges.
- Scatter with a little chopped parsley and serve with lemon wedges and brown bread.
Per serving: 453kcals, 31.6g (8.7g saturated), 15.9g carbs (0.9g sugars), 27.2g protein, 0.7g fibre, 0.425g sodium
Recipe proudly brought to you by