Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
For the tomato sauce:
For the pasta bake:
- Heat the oil in a large pot over a medium heat and cook the onion for 5-6 minutes until translucent. Add the garlic and chilli flakes and cook for one minute longer.
- Stir in the tomato purée and cook for 1-2 minutes. Add the chopped tomatoes, balsamic vinegar and sugar. Cook over a medium-high heat for 15-20 minutes until the sauce has thickened. Stir in the basil and season with salt and pepper.
- Preheat the oven to 180 ̊C/160 ̊C fan/ gas mark 4.
- Bring a pot of salted water to the boil over a high heat and cook the pasta according to packet instructions.
- Drain the pasta and add to the tomato sauce. Toss to coat well, then transfer the pasta to a baking dish.
- Spoon over dollops of the ricotta and scatter the torn Mozzarella over top. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the cheese is golden and bubbling.
- Serve topped with extra fresh basil and some cracked black pepper.
Per Serving: 389kcals, 17.3g fat (6.4g saturated), 42.4g carbs (9g sugars), 17.6g protein, 3.2g fibre, 0.154g sodium
Popular in Pasta
Spicy lamb, aubergine & pea bolognese