120g smoked haddock, cod, coley or pollock, undyed if possible
1 tbsp onion, finely chopped
1 bay leaf
30g Cheddar, grated
Fresh chives, snipped, to serve
- Score a cross in the bottom of the tomato and place in a bowl. Cover with boiling water and leave to stand for one minute until the skin begins to loosen. Drain the water away and slip the skin off the tomato. Cut into quarters, then remove the seeds. Chop the
- Preheat the oven to 190˚C/170˚C fan/gas mark 5.
- Place the smoked haddock in a pan with the milk, onion and bay leaf. Season with black pepper, then bring slowly to the boil. Remove the fish from the milk immediately using a slotted spoon.
- Remove the skin from the fish and flake the flesh into small chunks, removing and discarding any bones.
- Divide the fish and the chopped tomato between two ramekins. Pour over the cream and scatter the grated cheese over the top.
- Bake for 20 minutes until golden brown and bubbling. Scatter with chives and serve immediately with some brown bread.
Per Serving: 233kcals, 14.2g fat (8.6g saturated), 4.6g carbs (1g sugars), 21.4g protein, 0.4g fibre, 0.583g sodium