Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
For the meatballs:
For the tomato sauce:
- Preheat the oven to 200˚C/180˚C fan/gas mark 4. Cover a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- Add the chicken, eggs, Parmesan, breadcrumbs, oregano, and thyme to a bowl and mix well to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
- Form the mixture into 20 meatballs.
- Heat the oil in a pan to a high heat and brown the meatballs on all sides.
- Remove from the pan and bake the meatballs on the baking tray for 15 minutes, then remove and set aside.
- For the sauce, heat the pan with more olive oil and add the onion and garlic. Cook for 2-3 minutes on a medium high heat until softened.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and bring to a simmer on a high heat. Add the sugar, oregano and season with salt and black pepper. Simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Add the meatballs and the cheese and cook to heat through and melt the cheese.
Per serving: 197kcals, 12.0g fat (4.0g saturated), 15.0g carbs, 1.5g sugars, 10.5g protein, 3.9g fibre, 0.198g sodium
Popular in Chicken
Laksa with chilli garlic chicken