For the brownies:
230g butter, cubed
125g dark chocolate, chopped
325g golden caster sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
4 eggs, beaten
180g plain flour
½ tsp salt
½ tsp baking powder
For the cheesecake layer:
225g cream cheese
65g caster sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 160˚C/140˚C fan/gas mark
- Grease a 20cm x 24cm baking tin and line with parchment paper.
- Set a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water, making sure the bottom of the bowl does not touch the water. Add the butter and chocolate and leave to melt. Remove from the heat and stir until smooth. Leave to cool slightly.
- Whisk the sugar, vanilla extract and eggs in a mixing bowl until thick and pale. Fold in the melted chocolate until incorporated.
- Sieve the flour, salt and baking powder into the chocolate mixture. Use a spatula to fold in gently. Pour into the prepared tin, reserving some of the mixture for swirling through.
- For the cheesecake layer, beat all of the ingredients together until smooth.
- Pour the cheesecake mixture over the top of the brownie mixture, spreading it out evenly. Add dollops of the reserved brownie batter on top and use a knife to swirl through.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes until the top is crisp and a skewer inserted into the centre comes out mostly clean. Remove from the oven and leave to cool
Per Serving 635kcals, 37g fat (22.4g saturated), 67.7g carbs (49.8g sugars), 7.8g protein, 1.5g fibre, 0.384g sodium