140g country-style bread, torn into chunks
7 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
5 spring onions, finely chopped, whites and greens separated
Salt and black pepper
2 tbsp lemon juice
1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
1 tbsp wholegrain mustard
1 rotisserie chicken, meat shredded
6 radishes, trimmed, cut into wedges
1head of butter lettuce, leaves separated
2 carrots, grated
1 avocado, sliced
- Preheat the oven to 230 ̊C/210 ̊C fan/gas mark 8.
- In a bowl, toss the bread with two tablespoons of the olive oil. Spread out on a baking tray and season with salt and pepper. Bake for 8-10 minutes until golden and crisp, then allow to cool.
- Heat one tablespoon of olive oil in a small pan over a medium heat. Add the green parts of the spring onions and cook for three minutes until crisp and lightly charred. Add the whites and cook for one minute.
- Transfer to a large bowl, then add the lemon juice, vinegar and mustard. Stir to combine well, then gradually whisk in the remaining olive oil. Season to taste. Pour half of the dressing into a jug and set aside.
- Add the chicken, radishes and croutons to the bowl with the remaining dressing and toss to coat.
- Arrange the lettuce on a serving platter and top with the grated carrots and half of the avocado. Season with salt and pepper. Drizzle with the reserved dressing, then layer over the chicken salad. Add the remaining avocado on top and serve.
Per serving: 759kcals, 48.7g fat (9.2g saturated), 26.7g carbs (4.5g sugars), 55.7g protein, 5.9g fibre, 0.46g sodium
Make it yours: You don’t have to buy a rotisserie chicken especially for this salad – it’s also a great way to use up leftover roast chicken. Feel free to add any other salad vegetables you like.