2 small leeks, cleaned and finely chopped
6 sprigs of thyme
4 garlic cloves, crushed
2 large potatoes, peeled and chopped
2 medium heads of cauliflower, chopped into florets
3l vegetable or chicken stock
120ml double cream
150g blue cheese, crumbled
Salt and black pepper
- Heat the butter in a pot over a medium heat until it begins to foam. Add the leeks and thyme and cook for 5-6 minutes until the leeks are soft. Add the garlic and potatoes and cook for one minute.
- Add the cauliflower and toss through. Pour in the stock and bring to the boil, then lower the heat and simmer for about 15 minutes or until the cauliflower and potatoes are tender when pierced with a fork.
- Remove from the heat and use a stick blender to whizz until smooth. If the soup is too thick for your tastes, add boiling water until it reaches your desired consistency.
- Keeping the soup over a medium heat, stir in the cream and half of the cheese and let it melt. Season with salt and lots of black pepper to taste.
- Top with the remaining crumbled blue cheese and serve with crusty bread.
Per Serving 196kcals, 11.5g fat (7g saturated), 18.5g carbs, 4.4g sugars, 6.9g protein, 4.2g fibre, 1.045g sodium