Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
- Heat the butter in a pot over a medium heat until it begins to foam. Add the leeks and thyme and cook for 5-6 minutes until the leeks are soft. Add the garlic and potatoes and cook for one minute.
- Add the cauliflower and toss through. Pour in the stock and bring to the boil, then lower the heat and simmer for about 15 minutes or until the cauliflower and potatoes are tender when pierced with a fork.
- Remove from the heat and use a stick blender to whizz until smooth. If the soup is too thick for your tastes, add boiling water until it reaches your desired consistency.
- Keeping the soup over a medium heat, stir in the cream and half of the cheese and let it melt. Season with salt and lots of black pepper to taste.
- Top with the remaining crumbled blue cheese and serve with crusty bread.
Note: Chicken stock can be used as an alternative to Vegetable stock, if you wish.
Per Serving 196kcals, 11.5g fat (7g saturated), 18.5g carbs, 4.4g sugars, 6.9g protein, 4.2g fibre, 1.045g sodium
ChristmasDinnerStartersSoupDiabetic-friendlyLunch & snacksSpecial OccasionsDinner partyBudget mealsComfort foodMake it HealthyVegetarian
Popular in Christmas
Mini veggie mushroom Wellingtons