2 carrots, peeled
70g mashed potato
2 spring onions, finely chopped
1 garlic clove, finely chopped
Salt and black pepper
3 tbsp vegetable oil
2 tbsp plain flour
Rocket or green salad
- Preheat the oven to 180 ̊C/160 ̊C fan/gas mark 4.
- Grate the carrots into a tea towel, then wrap it up and squeeze out as much liquid as you can, over the sink.
- In a bowl, combine the grated carrot with the mashed potato, spring onion and garlic. Season to taste. Form the mixture into four thin patties.
- Heat the oil in a large pan over a medium- high heat.
- Working in batches to avoid crowding the pan, dust the röstis with flour. Shake off the excess flour, then fry for 3-4 minutes per side until golden brown and crisp.
- Transfer to a baking tray and place in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Poach or fry the eggs to your liking. Top the röstis with the eggs and serve with some mixed leaves.
343kcals, 26.4g fat (5.7g saturated), 19.8g carbs (4.2g sugars), 7.9g protein, 2.7g fibre, 0.301g sodium