Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
- Preheat the oven to 180 ̊C/160 ̊C fan/gas mark 4.
- Grate the carrots into a tea towel, then wrap it up and squeeze out as much liquid as you can, over the sink.
- In a bowl, combine the grated carrot with the mashed potato, spring onion and garlic. Season to taste. Form the mixture into four thin patties.
- Heat the oil in a large pan over a medium- high heat.
- Working in batches to avoid crowding the pan, dust the röstis with flour. Shake off the excess flour, then fry for 3-4 minutes per side until golden brown and crisp.
- Transfer to a baking tray and place in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Poach or fry the eggs to your liking. Top the röstis with the eggs and serve with some mixed leaves.
Per serving: 343kcals, 26.4g fat (5.7g saturated), 19.8g carbs (4.2g sugars), 7.9g protein, 2.7g fibre, 0.301g sodium
Popular in Leftovers
Pulled pork baked potatoes