Makes 15 drinks (approx.)
Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
- Place the carrageen moss and water in a saucepan and allow to soak for 30 minutes.
- Cover the pan and slowly bring to a boil over a medium heat. Allow to simmer gently for 30 minutes, adding the grated ginger halfway through.
- Strain the liquid through a sieve into a jug. The carrageen will have released a gel; push this through the sieve with the back of a wooden spoon to get as much through as possible. Discard the contents of the sieve.
- Stir in the honey and allow to cool. Stir in the lemon juice, then cover and store in the fridge until ready to use.
- To make a soothing drink, place 2-3 tablespoons of the carrageen in a mug. Add a splash of whiskey if desired. Top up with boiling water and stir until well combined.
Per Serving: 18kcals, 0.1g fat (0.1g saturated), 4.5g carbs (3.6g sugars), 0.2g protein, 0.2g fibre, 0.002g sodium
Gluten-freeDairy-freeLow sugarDiabetic-friendlyLow carbCholesterol-friendly recipesLow-fatHigh-proteinMake it HealthyVegetarian
Popular in Gluten-free
Roast leg of lamb with spring vegetables