Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
- Preheat the oven to 220˚C/200˚C fan/gas mark 7. Lightly grease a 6-cup muffin tin with butter.
- Cook the spaghetti in salted boiling water according to package instructions.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the cream with the bacon, 50g of the Parmesan and the paprika. Season with plenty of black pepper.
- Use a pasta spoon to scoop the pasta out of its water and into the cream mixture. Stir well to coat each strand in cream, adding a splash of pasta water if needed to loosen the sauce. Let the pasta rest in the cream for 2-3 minutes.
- Use tongs to pick up a small amount of pasta and transfer to one of the muffin cups, forming a spiral as you lay it in and leaving a hole in the middle of each cup. Divide any cream left in the bowl between the cups. Sprinkle over the remaining Parmesan.
- Bake for 10 minutes, then remove the tin from the oven and carefully crack a small egg into each nest.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 180˚C/160˚C fan/gas mark 4. Bake the nests for another 7-8 minutes until the eggs are cooked to your liking. Allow to rest in the tin for five minutes, then garnish with chopped chives and serve.
Per serving: 358kcals, 14.8g fat (6.9g saturated), 37.6g carbs, 0.5g sugars, 18.5g protein, 0g fibre, 0.394g sodium
Popular in Italian
Spaghetti with lemon and chilli crabmeat