1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
1 large onion, thinly sliced
Salt and black pepper
200g chestnut mushrooms, sliced
1 tbsp fresh thyme, chopped
8 eggs, beaten
120g goat cheese, crumbled
- Preheat the oven to 200˚C/180˚C fan/gas mark 6.
- Melt the butter and olive oil together in a 20cm oven-proof pan. Add the onions and a pinch of salt and cook for about 20 minutes until the onions are golden brown and soft.
- Add the mushrooms and cook for 5-6 minutes until tender. Add the thyme and season with salt and black pepper.
- Add the eggs and stir gently to distribute the onions and mushrooms evenly.
- Cook over a medium-low heat for 4-5 minutes, using a rubber spatula to lift the cooked edges and allow the uncooked eggs to flow underneath, until the outsides of the frittata are just set but the centre is still wobbly.
- Transfer to the oven and cook for 3-4 minutes, then top with the crumbled goat’s cheese and cook for another 5-6 minutes or until the frittata is set and the cheese is bubbling.
- Remove from the heat and allow to rest for 4-5 minutes, then transfer to a chopping board and cut into wedges. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Per serving: 353kcals, 27.3g fat (13.2g saturated), 6.4g carbs, 3g sugars, 21.7g protein, 1.9g fibre, 0.3g sodium
Find our tips for cooking frittatas here.