Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
For the caramelised onions:
For the quiche:
- For the caramelised onions, heat the olive oil in a deep frying pan over a low heat. Add the onions and a pinch of salt. Allow them to cook slowly for 30-35 minutes until soft and deep golden brown, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the brown sugar and balsamic vinegar and allow them to cook for a further five minutes. Set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 180 ̊C/160 ̊C fan/gas mark 4. Grease a 20cm deep pie dish and line the base with parchment paper.
- Unroll the pastry and lift it into the prepared tin, pushing it into the sides. Trim away any excess. Allow to chill for 30 minutes in the fridge, to prevent the pastry from shrinking.
- Line the pastry with some parchment paper and fill with baking beans. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the sides of the pastry are a pale golden colour.
- Remove the paper and the beans and bake for a further five minutes. Remove from the oven and set aside.
- In a large jug, whisk together the eggs and milk. Season with salt and cracked black pepper. Add two tabelspoons of the caramelised onions.
- Spread some of the caramelised onions over the base of the pastry case, reserving the rest for later. Pour in the egg mixture, then bake for 30-35 minutes.
- Remove the quiche from the oven and top with the reserved caramelised onions. Crumble over the goat’s cheese and return to the oven for another 5-10 minutes or until the quiche is set and the goat’s cheese has melted. Serve hot or at room temperature.
Per Serving: 444kcals, 28.6g fat (6g saturated), 33.3g carbs (6.9g sugars), 14.6g protein, 1.7g fibre, 0.159g sodium
DinnerFreezer-friendlyQuicheMeat-freeBreakfast & BrunchSpecial OccasionsFamily mealsDinner partyVegetarian
Popular in Quiche