175g self-raising flour
1 tsp baking powder
50g caster sugar
50g butter, plus extra for greasing
Zest of 1 orange
450g apples, peeled, cored and thinly sliced
For the topping:
50g butter, melted
160g brown sugar
- Preheat the oven to 200˚C/180˚C fan/gas mark 6 and grease a shallow round 23cm baking dish with butter.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, caster sugar, butter, egg and orange zest. Add the milk and beat until just combined.
- Spread the mixture into the base of the baking dish. Spread over the mincemeat and arrange the apples on top. Brush the butter over the apples and sprinkle with the brown sugar.
- Bake for 30 minutes until the apples are cooked and the sponge is golden brown.
- Serve warm with cream or custard.
Per Serving 381kcals, 11.3g fat (6.8g saturated), 67.6g carbs, 43.9g sugars, 3.7g protein, 2g fibre, 0.176g sodium