Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
For the topping:
- Preheat the oven to 200˚C/180˚C fan/gas mark 6 and grease a shallow round 23cm baking dish with butter.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, caster sugar, butter, egg and orange zest. Add the milk and beat until just combined.
- Spread the mixture into the base of the baking dish. Spread over the mincemeat and arrange the apples on top. Brush the butter over the apples and sprinkle with the brown sugar.
- Bake for 30 minutes until the apples are cooked and the sponge is golden brown.
- Serve warm with cream or custard.
Per Serving 381kcals, 11.3g fat (6.8g saturated), 67.6g carbs, 43.9g sugars, 3.7g protein, 2g fibre, 0.176g sodium
Popular in Christmas
Rum & pistachio chocolate fudge