Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
For the pesto:
For the chicken:
- In the bowl of a food processor, combine the herbs, Parmesan, pistachios, lemon juice and garlic and whizz into a thick paste.
- With the machine running, slowly stream in the olive oil. Season to taste.
- Using a sharp knife, butterfly each chicken fillet by cutting horizontally almost all the way through. Open each one out like a book. Cover with cling film and pound with a rolling pin until about ½cm. Season with salt and black pepper.
- Turn the grill on to a high heat.
- Heat half of the olive oil in a large pan over a medium-high heat. Add two of the chicken pieces and cook the chicken for 2-3 minutes per side until cooked through. Transfer to a baking tray, add the remaining olive oil to the pan and cook the remaining pieces of chicken.
- When all of the chicken is on the baking tray, top with a tablespoon of the pesto and then layer over the sliced Mozzarella. Place under the hot grill for two minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbling.
- Transfer to serving plates and top with the tomatoes and rocket. Serve with garlic bread, buttered pasta or simply some salad.
Per Serving::488kcals, 34.3g fat (7.2g saturated), 7g carbs (2.4g sugars), 40.4g protein, 1.8g fibre, 0.38g sodium
Top Tip: Leftover Caprese chicken would make the most amazing sandwich.
ChickenGluten-freeItalianDinnerLow sugarDiabetic-friendlyDinnerLow carb30-minute mealsSpecial OccasionsHigh-proteinKidsFamily mealsCuisinesQuick and easyDinner partyMake it Healthy
Popular in Chicken
Peanut chicken salad