Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
For the pastry:
For the filling:
- Add the flour and butter to the bowl of a food processor and pulse until the mixture is in pea-sized pieces.
- In a small bowl, mix the water, egg yolk and vinegar until well combined. Add to the flour mixture, and pulse again until combined.
- Knead the dough to bring it together to form a flat disc. Wrap tightly with cling film and chill in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Remove from the fridge and roll out on a lightly floured surface to a half-centimentre thick. Use a 10cm round cookie cutter to cut 12 pieces, re-rolling the dough if you need to.
- Spray a 12-hole muffin tin lightly with non-stick cooking spray and press the dough circles into each muffin hole. Pop back in the fridge while you make the filling.
- Preheat the oven to 220°C/200°C fan/ gas mark 6.
- In a medium bowl, mix together brown sugar and butter and beat by hand until smooth. Add the vanilla and egg and mix until combined. Fold in the chopped pecans. 8 Divide the filling into the tart shells, filling each until they’re about half full. Bake for 15-17 minutes.
- Leave to cool completely in the tin. To remove, run a knife around and under each tart and pop out.
Per serving: 240 kcals, 12g fat (8g saturated), 30g carbs (18g sugars), 3g protein, 1g fibre, 0.093g sodium
Popular in Pastry
Croquembouche tower with berries