A whole Camembert, liberally spread with YR Balsamic Red Onion Relish on one side and YR Original Tomato Relish on the other, before being wrapped in puff pastry and baked until golden. With oozing insides, this is made for sharing — simply serve with good crusty bread.
Plain flour, for dusting
1 x 320g sheet of puff pastry, thawed but still cold
1 x 200-250g round Camembert or Brie
1 egg, beaten
2 tbsp YR Original Tomato Relish
2 tbsp YR Balsamic Red Onion Relish
Baguette slices and/or crackers
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/180˚C fan/gas mark 6. Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Dust a work surface with flour and roll out the puff pastry. Cut away one end to form a rough square.
- Place the Camembert in the centre of the pastry square. Spread the top with the YR Original Tomato Relish, then flip the cheese over and spread the other side with the YR Balsamic Red Onion Relish.
- Fold the pastry corners up and over the cheese, forming a neat package. Gently press the edges against the cheese and neaten up the sides.
- Transfer the wrapped Camembert to the prepared baking tray. Brush the pastry all over with the beaten egg, making sure to get in around the folds. Don’t let the egg pool around the bottom.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes until the pastry is golden brown in colour. Set aside to cool for 5-10 minutes before serving; this gives the hot cheese time to firm up a little, making it easier to serve and enjoy.
- Cut into wedges at the table and serve with plenty of baguette and/or crackers.
Per serving 562kcals, 41g fat (13.5g saturated), 33.8g carbs (0.5g sugars), 13.2g protein, 1g fibre, 0.385g sodium