For 1 x 5kg ham
50g brown sugar
1 tbsp garlic powder
1 tbsp onion powder
1 tbsp dried oregano
1 tbsp dried thyme
1 tbsp smoked paprika
1 tsp cayenne pepper
Salt and pepper
30ml olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C/160˚C fan/gas mark 4.
- Mix together all of the ingredients, then rub all over the ham.
- Bake the ham for 40-45 minutes until golden brown.
- Turn the oven to 220˚C/200˚C/gas mark 7 and cook for a final 20 minutes without opening the oven.
- Once the ham is baked, transfer to a plate, tent loosely with foil and allow to rest for 20 minutes before serving.