Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
For the sweet potato chips:
For the mackerel:
- Preheat the oven to 200˚C/180˚C fan/gas mark 6. Line two baking trays with parchment paper.
- Place the sweet potato fries in a sealable bag and add the cornflour, then toss to coat. Remove the fries from the bag and shake off any excess cornflour. Transfer the fries into a large bowl and add the olive oil, garlic powder, salt and black pepper.
- Place the sweet potatoes onto the baking trays without crowding them. Bake for 15 minutes, then flip them over and rotate the trays. Return to the oven for another 15 minutes.
- Turn the oven off, leaving the fries inside for about 30 minutes while the oven cools down.
- Meanwhile, in a shallow bowl, mix the Cajun seasoning with the flour. Toss the mackerel fillets in the flour, making sure they are evenly covered. Shake off any excess flour.
- Heat the oil in a large pan. Place the mackerel fillets in the oil, flesh side down, and cook for 2-3 minutes. Carefully turn the fillets over.
- Add the butter and lemon juice to the pan. Cook the fish for a further 2-3 minutes and remove from the pan.
- Serve the mackerel on warm plates with the sweet potato chips and some lemon wedges.
Per serving: 647kcals, 37.9g fat (8.9g saturated), 51.5g carbs, 1g sugars, 25.6g protein, 5.5g fibre, 0.228g sodium
Popular in Fish & seafood
Tom yum soup with prawns