Serves 4 as a side
1⁄2 a head of cauliflower, cut into small florets
2 tbsp olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
Salt and black pepper
1 onion, sliced
1 tbsp fresh thyme leaves
2 garlic cloves, crushed
100ml vegetable stock
1 x 400g tin of butterbeans, rinsed and drained
1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
Handful of fresh parsley, chopped
Squeeze of lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 180 ̊C/160 ̊C fan/gas mark 4.
- Place the cauliflower on a baking tray, drizzle with one tablespoon of the olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast for 10-15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining olive oil in a pan over a medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook for 3-4 minutes. Add the thyme and garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes longer, then pour in the stock and turn the heat to low.
- Place half of the butterbeans in a bowl and roughly mash with a fork. Add these to the pan and stir them in to thicken the sauce.
- Add the remaining, whole butterbeans, the roasted cauliflower and the apple cider vinegar. Season with salt and pepper. Finish with a drizzle of olive oil, lots of chopped parsley and a squeeze of fresh lemon juice.
Per serving 119kcals, 7.6g fat (1.2g saturated), 11.5g carbs (3.2g sugars), 3.1g protein, 3.5g fibre, 0.148g sodium