Makes 6 pancakes
1 ripe banana
30g buckwheat flour
4 tbsp cacao powder
120ml unsweetened almond milk
½ tsp baking powder
4 tbsp maple syrup
Coconut oil, for frying
- Mash the banana with a fork until smooth and transfer to a large bowl.
- Add the buckwheat flour, cacao powder, almond milk, baking powder and maple syrup. Whisk well until you have a smooth batter without any lumps.
- Heat a little coconut oil in a non-stick pan over a medium heat. Once the oil is bubbling, spoon in two tablespoons of the batter.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes until bubbles form on the top of the pancake. Flip over and cook for a further 1-2 minutes.
- Transfer to a plate and keep warm while you repeat the process until all the batter is used.
- Serve with fresh berries, a generous dollop of yoghurt, sprinkle of nuts and a liberal drizzle of nut butter.
Per Serving 301kcals, 9.8g fat (7g saturated), 57.9g carbs, 31.6g sugars, 4.7g protein, 6.5g fibre, 0.055g sodium
Recipe courtesy of Aoife Howard