For the mousse:
170g dark chocolate
240ml double cream
1 tbsp icing sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
200g chocolate brownies
100g salted caramel sauce
100ml cream, whipped
80g pecan nuts, toasted
- For the mousse, place the chocolate in a bowl set over a pan of simmering water, ensuring the bottom of the bowl does not touch the water. Add 80ml of the cream. Stir over a medium-low heat until melted and smooth. Remove from the heat and allow to cool to room temperature.
- In a bowl, beat the remaining cream until thickened. Add the icing sugar and vanilla and continue to beat until soft peaks form.
- Gradually fold the whipped cream into the chocolate mixture. Allow to chill in the fridge for at least one hour.
- To assemble the sundae, cut the brownies into small cubes and divide amongst two or three glasses. Reserve some of the brownie crumbs to sprinkle on top.
- Transfer the mousse into a piping bag and pipe it on top of the brownies, until the glasses are half full. If you don’t have a piping bag, you can spoon the mousse over the brownies.
- Spoon over most of the salted caramel sauce, reserving some for drizzling on top. Sprinkle over some toasted pecan nuts.
- Top with whipped cream. Drizzle with the remaining salted caramel sauce and finish with some chopped nuts and brownie crumbs. Serve chilled.
Per Serving 1086kcals, 79.3g fat (37g saturated), 84.6 carbs (57.5g sugars), 12.3g protein, 11.4g fibre, 0.248g sodium