Makes around 20 depending on size
Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
- Preheat oven to 180 ̊C/160 ̊C fan/gas mark 4. Line two baking trays with greaseproof paper.
- In a bowl, sieve together the flour, cocoa powder and baking powder and stir to combine.
- In a large mixing bowl, add in the apple sauce, light brown sugar and caster sugar. Whip together for 2-4 minutes until the apple sauce is smooth and pale.
- Place the vegan butter and chocolate into a heat-proof bowl and microwave in 30-second increments until completely melted.
- Slowly add the chocolate mixture to the apple sauce mixture and beat for 30 seconds until incorporated. Slowly fold in the flour mixture. The mixture will resemble brownie batter.
- Using a dessert spoon, scoop spoonfuls of batter onto the lined baking trays, leaving 5-6cm between the cookies as they will spread out while baking. Work fast with this step as the batter will firm up when standing at room temperature for too long.
- Bake the cookies for 20 minutes, then remove from the oven.
- Allow to cool for 10-15 minutes on the baking trays. They will be very soft when you remove them from the oven, but when they cool, they’ll firm up. Use a spatula to transfer them onto a cooling rack — or directly onto a serving plate!
Per serving: 139kcals, 6.2g fat (3.4g saturated), 19.8g carbs (13.4g sugars), 1.4g protein, 1.7g fibre, 0.012g sodium
Kids bakingBiscuits & cookiesDairy-freeVeganBrowniesSweet thingsChocolateKidsFree-from treatsVeganBakingMake it HealthyVegetarian
Popular in Kids baking