320g pasta of your choice
300g broccoli, cut into bitesized florets
50g toasted pine nuts
50g Parmesan (or vegetarian alternative), grated
50g fresh basil leaves
Juice of 1 lemon
2 garlic cloves, peeled
½ tsp dried chilli flakes
150ml olive oil
- Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil over a high heat and cook the pasta according to package instructions.
- Meanwhile, bring a smaller pan of salted water to the boil. Add the broccoli and cook for two minutes, then add the kale and cook for three minutes longer.
- Drain the broccoli and kale and transfer to a food processor. Add the pine nuts, cheese, basil, lemon juice, garlic, chilli flakes and olive oil. Whizz until smooth.
- Drain the pasta and return it to the pan. Stir in the broccoli and kale pesto and season generously with salt and pepper.
- Top with extra grated Parmesan to serve.
Per serving: 697kcals, 46.7g fat (8.1g saturated), 55.9g carbs (1.5g sugars), 20g protein, 3.2g fibre, 0.18g sodium