Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
- Heat the oil in a large pan over a medium-high heat. Add the bacon and cook for 4-5 minutes until golden and crispy. Remove to a large bowl using a slotted spoon.
- Add the garlic and the whites of the spring onions to the pan with the bacon fat and cook for two minutes. Transfer to the same bowl using the slotted spoon and set aside to cool for a few minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C/160˚C fan/gas mark 4.
- Use a bread knife to slice horizontally across the top of the bread, removing a lid. Pull out the insides of the bread to form a hollow "bowl". Set aside the removed bread for another use.
- Add the Kilmeaden Mature Cheddar to the bowl with the bacon, along with the sour cream, mayonnaise, the green parts of the spring onions and a crack of black pepper. Stir well to combine together, then transfer the mixture to the bread bowl.
- Place on a baking tray and bake for 40 minutes until hot and bubbly. Serve immediately with crackers, tortilla chips, baguette, crudités or anything else you like to dip.
522kcals, 30.3g fat (30.3g saturated), 30.9g carbs (2.8g sugars), 30.2g protein, 3.5g fibre, 1.717g sodium
DinnerLow sugarDiabetic-friendlyFather’s DayAmericanSpecial OccasionsHigh-proteinKidsCuisinesComfort foodMake it Healthy
Popular in Low sugar
Salmon en croute