Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
- Melt one tablespoon of the butter in a saucepan over a medium-high heat. Add the onion, carrot, celery, garlic powder and paprika. Cook for 2-3 minutes until translucent.
- Add the rest of the butter and stir until melted. Whisk in the flour until combined.
- Gradually pour in the stock while whisking constantly. Bring to a simmer and cook for 10-15 minutes until thickened.
- Add the broccoli and simmer for 20 minutes until tender.
- Stir in the milk to combine.
- Cut out the top from the cob rolls and tear out some of the centre until hollow.
- Stir in the Cheddar until melted. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Ladle into the bread bowls to serve.
Note: Vegetable stock can be used as an alternative to Chicken stock, if you wish.
Popular in Soup
Super creamy chowder