Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C/160˚C fan/gas mark 4. Line a 20cm baking tin with parchment paper and grease with butter.
- Bring a saucepan of water to a boil and parboil the parsnip sticks for five minutes. Drain well and set aside.
- Spread out the pecans, Brazil nuts and almonds on a baking tray and toast in the oven for five minutes. Add the pine nuts and toast for a further 3-5 minutes, watching carefully so the nuts don’t burn. Set aside to cool.
- Melt half of the butter in a large pan over a medium heat and cook the leeks for 6-8 minutes until soft. Add the garlic and some salt and pepper and cook for two minutes longer. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- Return the pan to a high heat and add the remaining butter. Cook the mushrooms on a high heat until golden.
- Add the mushrooms to the bowl with the leeks and add the toasted nuts, fresh herbs, breadcrumbs and flour. Add more salt and pepper if needed.
- Stir the eggs into the mixture and combine well. Gently fold in the Feta.
- In the same pan, heat the maple syrup with a knob of butter. Add the parsnips and cook for 4-5 minutes until golden, keeping them moving so they don’t burn.
- Arrange the parsnips in the base of the baking tin, reserving the syrup from the pan. Press the vegetable and Feta mixture gently over the top, ensuring you have no air pockets.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes until the loaf is golden, covering with parchment if it starts to brown too quickly.
- Remove from the oven and allow to sit in the tin for 20 minutes to cool, then carefully turn out onto a serving platter. Drizzle with the remaining syrup and sprinkle with chopped rosemary and thyme.
Per Serving: 886kcals, 69.6g fat (26.4g saturated), 54.4g carbs (13.9g sugars), 21.4g protein, 13.5g fibre, 0.720g sodium
Popular in Christmas