Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
- Place the apples in a saucepan and add the water, sugar and lemon juice. Simmer for 10 minutes until the apples are tender and just starting to break up. Liquidize and then push through a fine sieve to create a thin sauce.
- Place the cider into another saucepan, boil until reduced to about 5 tablespoons worth.
- Remove from the heat then add the softened gelatine leaves or sprinkle over the powdered gelatine, stir until dissolved and leave to cool.
- Whip the cream until it forms soft peaks and fold in the apple puree and cider. Divide into wine glasses and leave to set in the fridge for two hours.
- Serve immediately garnished with a sprig of fresh mint. We serve this on a slate with apple puree, our award winning vanilla ice cream and a chocolate chip cookie.
Recipe courtesy of Mervyn Steenson, Grouchos Restaurant.
Popular in No-bake
Kimberley gingerbread trifle by Jacob's